IEEE PES HAC HTPDC - 2022
In PES Day 2022, IEEE PES Humanitarian Activity Committee (PES-HAC) is going to organize PES Humanitarian Technology Project Design (HTPD) Competition along with training sessions. IEEE PES chapters and student branch chapters are inspired to participate in the training and project design competition. It is under the PES Member Development Initiative (MDI). By joining this HTPD competition, a participant is expected to get:
- Participatory training on PES humanitarian technology project design.
- Feedback on his/her project design and learn important aspects of various projects.
- Certificate of participation and best project-design prizes. (if selected in top five positions.)
Any project related to the broad areas of power and energy, which involves humanitarian technology and sustainable development can be chosen for this competition.
Deliverables in Project Design
Please note that for this competition a project need NOT to be completed or implemented. The competition is focused mainly on the in-depth design phase of a project. In the project-design, participants are expected to address the following aspects:
- Objective, challenges, and humanitarian impacts
- Technical details
- Implementation and management plan
- Feasibility of the project
- Sustainability, financial issues and business model
- Social return on investment
- 09 March to 31 March
- 13 March to 26 March
- 27 March
Preliminary Project Design Submission (5 min video & 1 page description)
- 02 April to 23 April
Local Round Presentations (PES Chapter/ PES SB Chapter)
- 24 April
Final Design Submission (5 min video & 1 page description)
- 30 April
Final Competition & Award Ceremony (selected project presentations)
Winner Selection Process
- Based on the submitted video, document, and online presentation, winners in the local round and final round will be selected. Only selected winners in the local round will be given the opportunity to present in the final round.
- Best FIVE project designs will be getting Prizes.
- By successfully participating in the competition, participants will be getting participation certificates.
- Depending on the project quality, some selected projects will be invited to submit a detailed project proposals for IEEE PES-HAC Project Funding after the final round of competition. (detailed instruction will be provided later)
Important information: Prize money cannot be transferred to a person directly. It must be transferred to Organizational Unit (OU) that is declared by the Team Lead. An online agreement form must be submitted by the finally selected teams confirming that they have informed the OU about the fund transfer policy. The relevant or nearest OU must be an IEEE entity such as PES Society Chapter/ PES SB Chapter/ Joint or other SB Chapter/ IEEE Section/ IEEE Subsection that most of the members belong to.
- A team needs to be formed consisting of 3 to 10 members (students and non-students).
- The Team-Lead must be a PES member and he/she needs to identify an IEEE organizational unit (Section, PES Chapter, or PES SB Chapter)
- It is expected that at least 30% of the team members must be PES members.
- The majority of the team members must be students.
- Please fill up the online registration form to provide the member details.
Read all the information’s provided in the website before registering!